- Home Page
Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Delta County Sheriff’s Office is to serve the public in partnership with our community, to protect life and property, prevent crime and resolve problems in a fair, courteous and impartial manner. We will have the moral courage to recognize and adhere to the constitutional rights of all individuals. We will ask ourselves every day: WHAT’S IMPORTANT NOW…
United in the spirit of teamwork, the Delta County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing the highest quality of law enforcement services to the people who live, work and visit our County. We will constantly evaluate and improve our efforts to enhance public safety with the goal of improving the quality of life within Delta County, while at the same time maintaining respect for individual rights and human dignity.
- Leadership – Each member of the organization is responsible for establishing the direction of the Sheriff’s Office and communicating the vision at every level of the organization. We show the way in our community by going first and guiding those who follow. We are entrusted with caring for the spirit of the organization.
- Service Orientation – Each employee enhances the quality of life within our community and our office through dedicated service. We will employ individuals who have the stamina, intelligence, moral courage, and the emotional stability to deal with human beings fairly and impartially.
- Integrity – Our value as Sheriff’s Office employees depends upon the respect and confidence we earn from the community and each other. The integrity of each individual, as well as the organization, is necessary for citizens to give us their trust. Without this trust, we cannot expect to form a partnership with the community.
- Excellence – We meet challenges and adversity with perseverance to attain individual and organizational goals.
- Fairness – Fundamental to delivering professional police service is the fair and equitable treatment of all individuals. Whether citizen or employee, all must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Teamwork – Teamwork is essential to the successful operation of the Sheriff’s Office. The team must include all employees working in partnership with each other and the community to attain our organizational goals.
- Personal Responsibility – Each of us has a personal responsibility for the success of our community. We respect, care about, trust and support each other. We respect and encourage individual responsibility, while recognizing we have a right and obligation to participate in leading our community. And we will not forget to ask ourselves "What’s Important Now."