Colorado Open Records Act
Delta County is committed to the principle of open and accessible government. As such, Delta County is committed to fulfill every request for public records as efficiently and expeditiously as possible that is within the requirements established by the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA). Individuals, media and other representatives requesting public records should download the Delta County Open Records Act Policy (PDF) and follow the below steps to submitting a CORA Request Form.
Please use the appropriate link below to start your records request.
- General county records request.
- Please note, requests MUST be submitted via the official form and emailed to CORA@deltacounty.com. Records requests emailed to County staff will not be answered.
- Upon receipt of an Open Records Request form, Delta County will respond with a cost associated with processing the request. Any fees associated with a CORA request must be paid in full before any records are released. CORA Request fees may be paid by check (made payable to Delta County) or online at the Delta County Treasurer website. Follow the directions for payment on the Open Records Request Form.
- Criminal Justice records that reside with the Delta County Sheriff's Office
- Case Reports, Jail Records, 911 Recordings, Dispatch recordings, etc.
- Recorded documents such as vital records, property plats, liens , easements, etc.
Judicial/ Court Records
- Court records are maintained by the Colorado Judicial Branch. Requests for court records must be filed in person at the Delta County Courthouse, Court Clerk Office on the third floor of the Courthouse at 501 Palmer Street in Delta. Some records and court dockets are also available on the Colorado Judicial Branch website.