Temporary/Special Events Food

Food Service Process

To provide food at a special event in Delta County, all vendors must have an active Mobile Unit Retail Food License (food truck) OR obtain a Temporary Event Food Service license from the Delta County Environmental Health Department (i.e. tent/table setup).  Retail food establishments (restaurants, grocery deli's, etc.) that are licensed in Delta County will still be required to apply for a Temporary Event Food Service license if providing food at a special event.  If then organization is a non-profit, please note that information on the application. 

Tax-exempt and charitable organizations must still obtain and pay for a Temporary Food Vendor License through Delta County.  If a tax-exempt or charitable organization serves food 52 days a year or more, then a Retail Food License must be obtained.

If you are planning to participate in events in other counties, please contact the respective county's health department food safety program. 


Temporary Event Food Service  Application
Safety and Sanitation Inspection Checklist