Voter Registration

Who can register to vote?

  • Citizen of the United States.
  • 16 years of age, and understand that you must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to vote (must keep your mailing address up to date with the Clerk and Recorders office to receive your ballot).
  • Be a resident of Colorado for at least 22 days immediately prior to the election at which the person intends to vote.

How do I register to vote?

  • Register online
  • Delta County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, Election Department
  • Delta County Annex building in Hotchkiss
  • Any Town Hall
  • Any State office, including Driver’s License Offices
  • Download and print a voter registration application and mail it in to Delta County Clerk and Recorders Office, 501 Palmer St. Ste. 211, Delta, CO 81416

Will I receive my ballot by mail?

All active registered voters will receive their ballot by mail.  You may return your ballot by mail or drop off your ballot at the following locations:

24-Hour Drop Off Locations (available immediately after ballots are mailed)

Delta County Clerk and Recorder's Office
501 Palmer St., Delta, CO 81416

North Fork Annex Clerk's Office
196 W. Hotchkiss Ave., Hotchkiss, CO 81419

Cedaredge Library
180 SW 6th Ave., Cedaredge, CO 81413

Paonia Town Hall
214 Grand Ave., Paonia, CO 81428

Orchard City Town Hall
9661 2100 Road
Austin, CO 81410

Can I still vote in person?

Yes. Voter service center and polling locations are available for you to vote in person or on the handicap accessible voting equipment 15 days prior to the General Election and eight days prior to all other elections conducted by the County Clerk and Recorder Office. You may also request a replacement ballot or update your voter registration here as well.

Local Election Offices

Delta County Clerk and Recorder's Office
501 Palmer St., Ste. 211, Delta, CO 81416
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

North Fork Annex Clerk's Office
196 W. Hotchkiss Ave., Hotchkiss, CO 81419
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday & Monday before Election Day

Why haven’t I received my mail ballot yet? How do I get a mail ballot sent to a different address?

Visit Go Vote Colorado to check your status. Log in to your voter record, which will show you if your ballot has been prepared, sent or received. You may also make changes to your mailing address up to  eight days prior to the election.

You may register to vote or make corrections to your voter record in person at the above Voter Service and Polling Centers up to and including Election Day.

If you have more questions about the status of your mail ballot, please contact the Election Department at 970-874-2153 or 970-874-5903.

If I don’t vote on a candidate or question, will my other votes still be counted?

Yes. You are not required to cast a vote in every race or on every question. If you choose to leave a race or a question blank, the rest of the votes on your ballot will still be counted.

Will my mail ballot be counted? I heard that mail ballots might not be counted for this election.

Every valid mail ballot will be counted in this election. Be sure to sign the envelope when you return your mail ballot. (Ballots must be returned in the required return envelope with a signed affirmation to be counted.)

If you recently registered for the first time, you will need to provide a copy of your ID along with your mail ballot. Your county clerk will have provided instructions about the ID requirement along with your mail ballot.

Also, be sure that your County Clerk receives your ballot no later than 7:00 PM on Election Day. If you are not sure if your ballot will arrive in time, drop it off in person.

What are the rules about campaigning in or near polling places?

State law prohibits electioneering within 100 feet of the entrance to a polling place. This means that anyone who is advocating for the election or defeat of a candidate or a ballot issue must be at least 100 feet away from the entrance to the Voter Service and Polling Center.

What kinds of ID can I use to vote?

See the list of acceptable forms of ID.

What if I am a Uniformed or Overseas Voter?

Uniformed military personnel, their dependents and U.S. citizens living abroad, either temporarily or permanently, have the right to vote using their home state address or the last home address used in the case of permanent overseas citizens.

You may download and print a Federal Post Card Application or register online at Go Vote Colorado.