Colorado Child Care Assistance (CCCAP)

The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) provides help paying for child care to low-income families who are working, searching for employment, or in an educational activity and need childcare services to support their efforts to achieve or maintain self-sufficiency. The Child Care Program is administered through the Delta County Department of Human Services.

Who is Eligible?

  • Adult Caretakers of children who are US citizens or legal residents and under the age of 13 and/or
  • Children with special needs between the ages of 13-18 years of age MAY qualify
  • Adult Caretakers who are working, or
  • Adult Caretakers who are searching for a job (up to 30 days per year), or
  • Teen Adult Caretakers (up to age 21) in a high school diploma program, GED, certificate or vocational program
  • GED, ESL, or Adult Basic Education for up to 12 months
  • Adult Caretakers needing child care for up to 24 months for post-secondary education or training (up to a first Bachelor’s Degree or less)
  • Families participating in the Colorado Works/TANF program that are completing countable work
  • Applicants must be Delta County Residents

ALL families must be in one of the above listed activities AND not exceed certain monthly income amounts.

Program Requirements

  • Adult Caretakers must be in an eligible activity.
  • Adult Caretakers must provide income verification before approval.
  • Families that qualify must pay a “parent fee” directly to their child care provider for a portion of the total;
  • Eligibility for continued assistance is periodically re-determined.

These are the primary factors used to determine eligibility for this program. Eligibility will be determined by Child Care Assistance Program staff when the applicant has submitted an application, completed an intake interview and provided requested verification.

You may pick up an application at the Delta County Human Services office located at 320 W. 5th St., in Delta.  You may also download the application from the Colorado CCCAP web page.

If you are requesting child care while you attend school, you will need to provide an enrollment verification letter that includes your start and end date, the program you are enrolled in, the length of time it will take to complete the program, student status, print-out of daily class schedule, and expected date of graduation. We can help you with child care while you are in school, providing you can complete your program and earn your degree or professional license/vocational certificate within two years of the date of your CCCAP application.

Assistance for child care does not apply for anyone who is working on a Masters degree or above. If you are a teen parent under the age of 21 and in high school or in training to earn a GED, you can receive assistance until you complete your high school/GED education or you reach the age of 22. If you are over the age of 21, we can help you with child care while you work on your GED, Basic Adult Education and ESL for up to 12 months.

Before your appointment to apply, it is recommended that you begin looking for a child care provider. There are two types of providers:

  • Licensed Providers
  • Qualified Providers

For a listing of licensed providers in Delta County who currently contract with the Child Care Assistance Program, please contact the Delta County Child Care Technician at 970-874-2036.  You may also contact Bright Futures at 970-728-5613 for a listing of child care providers near you. If you want to use a provider that is not on the list, that provider will need to sign a contract with Delta County Human Services before we can pay them. You will not be able to pick any provider.  In order to qualify for the Child Care Assistance Program, the provider must have a contract with Delta County Human Services or be able to work with Delta County to obtain a contract. Delta County cannot choose a provider for you.  When you choose a child care provider, think about whether your child will be safe and encouraged to grow and learn.

You can select a Licensed Provider or a Qualified Provider. Qualified Providers can include a friend or family member 18 years of age or older. If you want a Qualified Provider to be your child care provider, the provider and all members of their household over the age of 18 must be fingerprinted and a background check completed. The Qualified Provider is responsible for payment of the fingerprinting and background check and must have a land telephone line installed in their home. Child Care can be authorized once the fingerprint cards and payment for the background check is received by our state office in Denver.

Helpful Links

Colorado CCCAP
CCCAP Attendance Tracking System (ATS) YouTube Video
Colorado Human Services, Early Childhood
Bright Futures for Children